Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Fri 8 Sep - 13:39

I'm so :Bleep: ing happy...Rap is slowly dying and it's becoming all to obvious...I just saw them Try and use a Rap Spaghetti-o's Commercial. Kid's Commercials are using it now..Pretty soon it will drop to the 8 year old demographic and many will start to think that rap is lame..Smile!!!

Now mind you..I'm not saying that all Rap music will disapear..I think the artists who are very true to their music, And don't constantly sing about "Bling and Grills" and stuff like that will stick around..

This is starting to look like what happened to The Disco and Hair Metal movements (Ironically I like those wayyyyy better than Rap.), and then Bands that were serious pushed them out and made them into jokes. (GN'R, Nirvana, etc.). I just want to see a Revolution, You know, people with Talent back, And who can auctually play instruments..

Emo will die soon too..Then I'll be the happiest kid on the planet..Because REAL Rock And Roll will be back...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simbastudio55.conceptforum.net
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Fri 8 Sep - 18:07

I thought this was gonna be just some rap-bashing thread, but I actually agree with your points.

I like several kinds of music (rap included), but if the ghetto kind will disappear already, I'll be quite happy. =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ray
Admin

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Fri 8 Sep - 18:13

i only like funny rap like they type eminem does, I cannot stand artests like 50 cent who have umpteen million songs and all are about: Being shot, shooting people, hoes, being pimps or all of the above.

eminem when he has an album out its usally 12+ songs 6 are funny 4 are about his daughter and 2 are about kim thats it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Fri 8 Sep - 21:37

Myoti wrote:
I thought this was gonna be just some rap-bashing thread, but I actually agree with your points.

I like several kinds of music (rap included), but if the ghetto kind will disappear already, I'll be quite happy. =D

If a lot of artists were like a Public Enemy type, I would like rap a lot..

Bands that mean something lryically, I like that. Rap up until Biggie and Yupac died had that. Then P. Diddy came in, and made it all about the same things...

But Rap before that was cool..

Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Sat 9 Sep - 11:48

John Reuben and KJ52* FTW. =D

*(five-two, not fifty-two)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Sat 9 Sep - 12:00

Myoti wrote:
John Reuben and KJ52* FTW. =D

*(five-two, not fifty-two)

I've heard of KJ, Didn't he call on Eminem to convert to christianity?

Eminem is decent as a rapper, even though he really did create the whole wigger movement Sad.

Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Sat 9 Sep - 18:59

Kinda. He made a song ("Dear Slim," I believe) that talked about that. Was actually a pretty good song.

And you need to hear John Reuben. He's freakin' awesome. He's also a Christian rapper, but most probably wouldn't know it at first glance.

One of his songs, "Do Not":
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6i4wWa2V0wo

I wish I could find "Doin'," which is a great (and pretty funny) video. It's like six minutes long, too, I think. And there's one where he tries out for cheerleading (again, funniness XD ), but I can't remember the name.

EDIT: And yeah, Eminem is a pretty good rapper, I just don't always appreciate the content. =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rinonno

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Thu 14 Sep - 22:50

there is a gang style Kids showing coming out, well it already is. i dont remember the name though, geesh, kids >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisWolfe

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Fri 15 Sep - 6:33

Rap is one of my favorite kinds of music, and when I twll people that they always assume I listen to mainstream rap, which sucks ass. I listen to old school and underground rap. Talib Kweli, Tribe Called Quest, Jarussic Five, Lost Boyz, AZ, Biggie Smalls, and a bunch of others. Mainstream rap is just an average beat with some black guy ryming (Not even that well, they ryme like every 10 words.) If you want to listen to GOOD rap, check out some of the artists I listed up there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Mon 18 Sep - 21:55

Do the Gorillaz ever count as rap? Or are they more, like... other styles? o.O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TS_Chris

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Mon 18 Sep - 22:05

Remember, you can't spell crap without rap XD

Everyone's allowed at least one unreasonable hatred, right? Well, my unfettered hatred goes towards Eminem. In Social Problems, we were reviewing what we would, as judges, sentence certain people for certain crimes. One was breaking into Eminem's house and stealing stuff. I wrote that I would have to resign to another judge, on the grounds of being biased in that case...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Tue 19 Sep - 20:20

That one scores a ROFL WAFL.

*tosses it to you*

I'm a but wigged out now, though. I just found out that something I long-though was a joke is, in all actuality, true:

Enel of One Piece really IS based off Eminem (whom Oda said he was actually a fan off). o_o

Doesn't change my opinion of anything, but... o_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TS_Chris

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Tue 19 Sep - 21:56

Myoti wrote:
That one scores a ROFL WAFL.

*tosses it to you*

I'm a but wigged out now, though. I just found out that something I long-though was a joke is, in all actuality, true:

Enel of One Piece really IS based off Eminem (whom Oda said he was actually a fan off). o_o

Doesn't change my opinion of anything, but... o_o

Any confirmation on the Jim Carey -> Mr. 2 Bon Kurei then?

I'll watch Enel in Skypeia when I get there... I've seen him, and it doesn't bother me one bit... I've seen very little of Eminem, but I could probably point it out... it's his fucking music I hate... *goes and buys 1 of every Eminem CD he can find, breaks them into pieces, drops them on the ground, lights them on fire, and the pees the flames out.*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Wed 20 Sep - 19:24

Is possible, I'd say. Take off the make-up and it looks just like him. XD

I don't mind Eminem's music. I mean, he's actually pretty creative sometimes. Is more the content I usually have a problem with. =|
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RobTaiki

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Wed 25 Oct - 13:38

I happen to like rap (well, mostly Eminem. As I can connect to some of the stuff he says in most of his songs) but I have to agree, the genre of rap is slowly dying, some of the new stuff that's out isn't quite as good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/robtaiki
kais

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Tue 31 Oct - 15:14

all i ever here in rap is some sad, drugged up t**t complaining about life or his mother. it was a mystery that it was ever popular.

it was more of a steriotypical think in my town, you had to like it or you wernt hard/popular/in a gang.

then they wondered why people kicked the s**t out of the hoodie wearing wannabes

sorry if i offended you rob, this was what it was like in my old school. i have a slight hatred of anything to do with enimem or rap because of it

(that and the artic monkeys anyway)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Tue 31 Oct - 15:21

Wait, I didn't post in this thread yet?

Well, I don't like rap. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Tue 31 Oct - 15:23

I only like some works of Enimem...well...the videos...because they make me laugh... XD

RobTaiki

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   Wed 1 Nov - 14:20

kais wrote:
sorry if i offended you rob, this was what it was like in my old school. i have a slight hatred of anything to do with enimem or rap because of it
That's okay, no offence taken. ^^
Like I said, I listen to Eminem's stuff purely cause some of the stuff he said sorta linked in with how I felt when I had a feeling the world was against me. This was back when I used to be a miserable, hate-filled sod (a few years ago I think).
But I don't listen to it much now, I just stick to stuff like Linkin Park and KoRn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/robtaiki
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111   

Back to top Go down

Rap is dying...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1