Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Wed 11 Oct - 17:14

I recently downloaded this neat little freeware game called "Cave Story". It plays alot like the metroid series, and has a nice plot to boot. You start out in a small cave, and after a little exploring you find a town full of Mimigas, little rabbit-like creatures. From there the plot thickens, and you are sent on a mission full of non-stop action, awesome weapons, TONS of boss fights, and more. It's a pretty long game as far as freeware goes. It took me about 5-6 hours to get the bad ending (which was pretty sad.), but I reset to get the other two endings, so I'm sure there are a few more hours left. I highly recommend this game. It's free, and fun as hell.

http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Wed 11 Oct - 20:10

After playing it a little more, I realized this is one of those games that is more than JUST a game. It really stays with you, and you never want it to end, sort of like a Miyazaki film. I really like this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ren
Princess Kiara

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Thu 12 Oct - 16:36

Mugiwara wrote:
After playing it a little more, I realized this is one of those games that is more than JUST a game. It really stays with you, and you never want it to end, sort of like a Miyazaki film. I really like this game.
I agree with you about the Miyazaki film statement. I'll have to look into this game. ^-^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Wed 18 Oct - 18:39

Well, I'm glad SOMEONE responded to my thread... Seriously folks, IT'S A FREE GAME. Play it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Switch

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Wed 18 Oct - 18:45

The fact that you respect Miyazaki's works is a wonderful thing, and now I'm going to try this game in that vein. Mind you, I think it's being adapred for the DS as well, with new art and other additions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Wed 18 Oct - 20:10

Dang, I should have checked this earlier. This really is a great game (even with the fact that ONE man made it himself), and I'm really, really liking it. There's just something so amazingly special about the whole thing, both gameplay and story-wise.

I'm with you Mugi, this is just one of those things I don't want to end (and alas, I already beat the Core >.> ).

EDIT: Oh, and DANG, the music in this game!

Even with the whole NES-esque sounding synthesizer, the music is getting to be as catchy and great as many other classics.

If the GBA version of this game pulls through, I may just have to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Wed 18 Oct - 20:38

Myoti wrote:
Dang, I should have checked this earlier. This really is a great game (even with the fact that ONE man made it himself), and I'm really, really liking it. There's just something so amazingly special about the whole thing, both gameplay and story-wise.

I'm with you Mugi, this is just one of those things I don't want to end (and alas, I already beat the Core >.> ).

EDIT: Oh, and DANG, the music in this game!

Even with the whole NES-esque sounding synthesizer, the music is getting to be as catchy and great as many other classics.

If the GBA version of this game pulls through, I may just have to pick it up.

About the core... First time or second time? I'm fighting it for the second time when it's all... Zombified or something...

I really like the story too. Like I said, Miyazaki-like. It's got nice characters, a nice plot that is simple to understand, yet really immersive... It's great!

YES. The music. It's very Kirby-like don't you think? If you do a little searching you can find a program that holds all of the BGM from it. I'm listening to it right now in fact. My favorite track is the one on your second visit to the incubator room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Thu 19 Oct - 21:41

Quote :
About the core... First time or second time? I'm fighting it for the second time when it's all... Zombified or something...
First (just got to the fight with the dragon sisters).

Quote :
YES. The music. It's very Kirby-like don't you think? If you do a little searching you can find a program that holds all of the BGM from it. I'm listening to it right now in fact. My favorite track is the one on your second visit to the incubator room.
Now that you mention it, it really does.

I downloaded the "Deluxe" version, which has a music-testing thing on it, but I can't seem to make it work right (what program is it you speak of? o.O ).

I'm a bit particular to the "normal" boss theme, myself. =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Thu 19 Oct - 22:25

Well, I downloaded the music program of of the Pixel's site...

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA022293/

Click the second little icon.

Anyhow, I'm glad you're enjoying the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Fri 20 Oct - 15:27

Ah, thanks. And yeah, it's just a really awesome game.

On that site:

" I want playing your games fun is so! "

" Please keep making up of ownage game! "

Japanese make me laugh sometimes. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   Fri 20 Oct - 17:32

I reset my game today. I tried several times, but couldn't manage to beat 4 hard bosses in a row. I'm going to keep the Polar Star this time, and get the Spur so things will be a little easier in the endgame. I started this morning, and I'm at the tank boss now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)   

Back to top Go down

Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1