Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Sat 14 Oct - 21:40

I alway see a lot of people in my school wearing t-shirts and having backpacks and such...

The show to me was pretty dark...So I wasn't to huge on it...Especially after 9/11...I really didn't like it...

But I don't know why people find appeal in it..

Though...for some odd reason..I found Gir in the doggy costume sorta cute...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simbastudio55.conceptforum.net
Lig

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2006-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Sat 14 Oct - 21:43

I think they find it appieling becouse they wish they could just go on a rampage sometimes. Everyone's got that "Oh I just want to strangle him" part. That show appealed to that part. As for Gir. Yeah same here. Not sure why its cute but it is. Maybe its becouse Gir himself is sold childish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Sun 15 Oct - 20:44

Perhaps because of how flat-out random and all it is.

I usually enjoyed it, though yes, it did seem a bit dark and slightly vile at times. Of course, the creator was planning on having it be a more adult cartoon and really didn't want Nickelodeon to get ahold of it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Mon 16 Oct - 0:02

the reason for Invader Zim's awesomeness comes from the total lack of sanity in the show...
i mean... lets look at a few examples...

Dib throws muffin at Zim, and Zim eventually creates a massive cannon bigger than his house just to shoot Dib with a muffin

Gir dances

Gir explodes when working out the fundemental flaw of a paradox

Erkins live on candy, it is their greatest weakness

Gir gets turned into a house, and even though a house with the brain of a robot destoys half a town while trying to get tacos...

HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE IT?!

AND THE PIGGIES?!!!!!

I loveded you piggie! I LOOOOVEDED YOOOOUU!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Non-FTT Artist

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Fri 20 Oct - 2:38

The DOOM song. 'nUFF said.

The Man. The Myth. The Legend. Jay Manney.

http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com
Amy

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Fri 20 Oct - 6:21

watch the episode Back seat drivers from beyond the starts and it will all make sense... (its the most illogical episode minus Zim Eats Waffles)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Fri 20 Oct - 8:07

"These got peanuts and soap in 'em."

I suppose I just really like black humor. The premise is nice and unique too. An alien from a distant galaxy is accidentally sent to conquer Earth, but he SUCKS at it. Plus the voice acting is great, and it's reall fun to quote.

"GIR! Your waffles have made me sick... FETCH ME THE BUCKEEEEET."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Microwav

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Sat 21 Oct - 0:02

Gir, in his doggy suit, is positively adorable. =^_______^=
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Sat 21 Oct - 0:19

It's awesome. Just so awesome. I don't know why, it just is, man.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Sun 22 Oct - 6:51

this alone sums up the awesomeness of Invader Zim

Zim: You're nothing Earth boy! Go home and shave your giant head of smell with your bad self!
Dib: Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charles

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   Mon 30 Oct - 20:58

It's funny because it's random without being mindless. The creator, Jhonen Vasquez, has his own unique style, and the cartoon really does make me laugh like few things do. The only time I've ever been a bit creeped out by the black humour is the episode where Zim keeps sending piggies back in time, because what's happening to Dib is almost too horrible to be humorous.

I rate it on the same level that I rate Angry Beavers, Angry Beavers being so much more underrated than Invader Zim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..   

Back to top Go down

I never really get why a lot of people like Invader Zim..
Page 1 of 1