Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Quotable Quotes

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azlan
IRC Overlord
avatar

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Quotable Quotes   Thu 20 Jul - 23:20

No self quotes unless it happens to be...profound. Serious ones, guys! =P

"People will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true."

-Wizard's First Rule

From the text:

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's head are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so all are easier to fool."

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1326
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Thu 20 Jul - 23:32

LightFang wrote:
No self quotes unless it happens to be...profound. Serious ones, guys! =P

Damnit!!!!

And TLK had some damn good ones. ^_^

I guess I shalt just post my favorite Psalm then.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. King James Version (1611)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simbastudio55.conceptforum.net
Azlan
IRC Overlord
avatar

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Sat 22 Jul - 0:29

It's time to quote everybody's favorite monk, Sanzo! XD

On religion:

"If you want to become that close to God, die instead."

"I don't have to believe in God to believe in myself."

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1326
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Sat 22 Jul - 2:02

From the movie Rudy (Gee I'm truly deep aren't I, :Sarcasm:)


Father Cavanaugh: Son, in 35 years of religious study, I have only come up with two hard, incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and... I'm not Him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simbastudio55.conceptforum.net
-



Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Sat 22 Jul - 22:17

"A very popular error: having the courage of one's convictions; rather, it is a matter of having the courage for an attack on one's convictions." - Nietzsche

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlan
IRC Overlord
avatar

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Tue 25 Jul - 21:10

"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong." - Relient K

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1326
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Tue 25 Jul - 21:14

LightFang wrote:
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong." - Relient K

lol, they lived like just south of me like half an hour.

Did you know that Of All People MARILYN MANSON went to the same high school as them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simbastudio55.conceptforum.net
-



Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Tue 25 Jul - 22:29

Simba wrote:
Did you know that Of All People MARILYN MANSON went to the same high school as them.

...There's a "high school" cartoon in that. And I expect it would be mildly hilarious.

In any case...

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, to beauty unfamiliar and perilous- to poetry. But also, it gives birth to the opposite: to the perverse, the illicit, the absurd." - Thomas Mann
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlan
IRC Overlord
avatar

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Fri 28 Jul - 12:39

Sanzo...again XD

On conformity:

"We live by our own rules, not by what others of our race say we should do."

On dying:

"If you're looking for a shortcut to God, you're always welcome to join [the youkai we've slain]. Anyone can become a martyr. Dying is easy."

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wedge

avatar

Number of posts : 304
Age : 31
Localisation : Some where in Minnesota
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Thu 14 Sep - 17:46

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here." The Inferno, third Canto, Line 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
avatar

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Thu 14 Sep - 20:18

Can't think of one right now, and I'll probably end up thinking such up at who knows what random time. =p

Quote :
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong." - Relient K
That, sir, is awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING
avatar

Number of posts : 1326
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Thu 14 Sep - 20:20

"Just Because You're Paranoid, Don't Mean They're Not After You"

Kurt Cobain, Nirvana, Song:Terriotorial Pissings.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simbastudio55.conceptforum.net
-



Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Thu 14 Sep - 21:04

"I mean: the great majority of people does not consider it contemptible to believe this or that and to live accordingly, without first having given themselves an account of the final and most certain reasons pro and con, and without even troubling themselves about such reasons afterwards." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Metaphysics is the finding of bad reasons for what we believe on instinct." - F.H. Bradley

"If, as Bradley added, 'the finding of these reasons is no less an instinct,' it ought to be the aim of philosophy to teach men to master this instinct and become housebroken." - Walter Kaufmann

"Mystical explanations - Mystical explanations are considered deep. The truth is that they are not even superficial." - Nietzsche, again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wedge

avatar

Number of posts : 304
Age : 31
Localisation : Some where in Minnesota
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Wed 20 Sep - 15:04

"Tactic: When asked for information you don't have, try to present the asker with a variable he can define himelf."
"Tactic: When obliged to participate in a ritual you know nothing about, provide a reason and grab all the sympathy you can."
"Tactic: When no other options present themselves, shoot everything in sight."

- Iron Fist p. 74-75

_________________
Sometimes the best defence is an insane offence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TS_Chris

avatar

Number of posts : 87
Localisation : In the Kitchen, cooking something up
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Sat 23 Sep - 16:47

LightFang wrote:
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong." - Relient K

"Everyone's entitled to their onw opinions, but they're not entitled to their own facts." ~ Peter Moynihare

"We cant' all be heroes because someone has to sti on the curb and clap as they go by." ~ Will Rogers

"Don't bother saving paper - that tree's already dead." ~ Larry Steiner

I think Steiner might've been one of my teacher's students... I dunno. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
avatar

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Mon 25 Sep - 22:58

"Everything that humans can imagine is a possibility in reality."
-Physicist Willy Karen

"Great spirits always meet opposition from mediocre minds."
-Albert Einstein


And a self-quote I guess is kinda "profound," having to do with IM chats:

"60% of this has been abbreviated forms of laughter. Does that even constitute a conversation?"


And an oddly personal-favorite:

"What channel is hiatus on?
- n00b from the 4Kids forums


Actually, I have a huge list of chat quotes a friend collected. More like "Out of Context" quotes than "inspiring" ones (like the stuff on Bash.org), but if anyone wants to see 'em... =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wedge

avatar

Number of posts : 304
Age : 31
Localisation : Some where in Minnesota
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Tue 3 Oct - 16:53

"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly" - Anonymous

_________________
Sometimes the best defence is an insane offence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
avatar

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Tue 3 Oct - 22:11

Still haven't seen the movie, but it has to be said:

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis--vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wedge

avatar

Number of posts : 304
Age : 31
Localisation : Some where in Minnesota
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Sun 8 Oct - 15:10

Stealth and Subtlety work well, but for making lasting impressions, a blaster does just fine.
- Rogue Squadron p. 356

_________________
Sometimes the best defence is an insane offence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Non-FTT Artist
avatar

Number of posts : 116
Age : 34
Localisation : Texasland, the hottest place on earth
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Mon 16 Oct - 16:24

"This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late parrot. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-parrot." --- Monty Python's Flying Circus

_________________


The Man. The Myth. The Legend. Jay Manney.

http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com
kais

avatar

Number of posts : 34
Age : 30
Localisation : uk
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Mon 16 Oct - 16:36

a pure classic jay *holds up board saying 10/10*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Non-FTT Artist
avatar

Number of posts : 116
Age : 34
Localisation : Texasland, the hottest place on earth
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Mon 16 Oct - 16:52

kais wrote:
a pure classic jay *holds up board saying 10/10*

*takes a bow* thank you, it's my humble opinion that every quote thread needs at least one Monty Python quote, and I'm glad I could deliver ^_^

_________________


The Man. The Myth. The Legend. Jay Manney.

http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com
Wedge

avatar

Number of posts : 304
Age : 31
Localisation : Some where in Minnesota
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Mon 16 Oct - 17:04

"Geology is the only profession where you can say things like penetration, clevage and dike and not sound vulgar or rude."

- Friend while on a geology field trip

_________________
Sometimes the best defence is an insane offence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kais

avatar

Number of posts : 34
Age : 30
Localisation : uk
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Sun 22 Oct - 14:12

a quote from the new series torchwood
"i can bet a tenner there dna specalists. like that CSI bolloks... csi cardiff. thats what id like to see. they'd be measuring the velocity of a kebab"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlan
IRC Overlord
avatar

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   Sun 22 Oct - 14:34

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world. The only thing is hitsuzen."

- Ichihara Yuko

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Quotable Quotes   

Back to top Go down
 
Quotable Quotes
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Some classic and very funny quotes from the legend George Best!
» Collection Of Nice Quotes About Daisuke From Others
» Jeff Buttle has suddenly retired from skating?!
» question?
» International Beach Clean up & PADI Project AWARE

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hakuna Matata :: Main-
Jump to: