Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 13:37

Okay, Everybody assumes that throughout my life, I just watched TLK 24 hours a day. Defintly not so, I was more into Tv auctually. There was a lot of weird stuff I remeber seeing back in the day, And sad;y there will never be another time like it again. well anyways. Lets start of with a weird flick.

Okay this is a weird one to say the least. It's based on the book Chanticlear which I know nothing about, Theres a huge flood, and this little blond haired kid in his room, Theres a Rooster that crows every morning, and The rooster quits for some reason. Than during the Flood some weird creepy owl, Goes over to the little boy and turns him into a kitten in a typical TF like scene. Then he has to go find the rooster to reverse everything and become normal.

I really liked the idea of being turned into a kitty for some weird reason...Perhaps This is why I'm into the whole Furry/TF scene for some reason? Because I watched movies like this and TLK?

Anyways, This thread is not just for me, Post your weird memories as well.[/list]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simbastudio55.conceptforum.net
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 15:47

So no one else watched this or anything else during that childhood? Sad Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
TS_Chris

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 17:14

Oooooooooo I remember that movie! I think we have it recorded on one of our VCR tapes - I remember watching it quite often, although I didn't always remember the name... hehe wow, that thing's a real blast from the past. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 17:21

ChronoSquare wrote:
Oooooooooo I remember that movie! I think we have it recorded on one of our VCR tapes - I remember watching it quite often, although I didn't always remember the name... hehe wow, that thing's a real blast from the past. :/

It was a weird movie, Saw it at my Grandmas house when I was younger. There were some weird movies in the Pre-TLK era. I'll post another I used to watch a lot, in a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 17:30

Another one

All Dogs Go To Heaven,

I used to watch it, They had cats as the evil villians in an evil devil like place. And had a Bulldog fighting the main characters. They had a German shepard named Charlie as the main character. I used to like dogs a lot, still do, Even though I do have a Lion as my main Char. I only truly act like a Simba/Dog crossbred, Many people find me to be similiar to a Dog in my personality for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 17:42

I love that movie...I still watch it and the ending still makes me cry a little...I really liked "Itchy" though...he always scratches when he gets nervous... XD

I wanna see the second All Dogs go to Heaven...never seen it before.

TS_Chris

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 17:44

All Dogs go to Heaven isn't a wierd movie. I think it's a classic. But it's been so long since I've seen it... the only one I remember is #2, where Gabriel's Horn is stolen.

I also remember some christmas specials or something, with an evil sister to that one girl-angel dog that appears in the first and second. I do not remember much at all about the movies, it was so long ago...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 17:47

Spyder Fox wrote:
I love that movie...I still watch it and the ending still makes me cry a little...I really liked "Itchy" though...he always scratches when he gets nervous... XD

I wanna see the second All Dogs go to Heaven...never seen it before.

I've seen it, But I can't remeber it, Been YEARS. I'll try and watch if they ever show it on Toon Disney Channel again, :Sigh:, But All Toon Disney is focused is Power Rangers type stuff. That Jetix thing is so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 17:48

I actually have a DVD of All Dogs go to Heaven. ^.^

Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 17:54

My mom had me watch this all the time, She's a Big Time Dog person and loved this one for some reason. I remeber The Dad in the movie played for the Broncos and the Packers, He was a kicker. (My first taste of my favorite sport?), Also they had a part with Garage Door opener flying through the air. Very rare movie, But an early childhood favorite.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 18:00

Hmm. I never really liked any movies like these as a kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 18:00

Mugiwara wrote:
Hmm. I never really liked any movies like these as a kid.

What did you like?
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 18:15

... Not alot of things. I watched alot of anime when I was younger. GOOD anime, like Dragon Ball and Tenchi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 18:20

Mugiwara wrote:
... Not alot of things. I watched alot of anime when I was younger. GOOD anime, like Dragon Ball and Tenchi.

I didn't watch any anime that I can remeber. I watched Power Rangers Back in the early to mid 90's. This was back before the Power Rangers were Dorky. I even went as one for Halloween. Embarassed. Thats as close to Japanese I ever got. (That show orignally was shot in japan, just used american actors.)

Why do I suspect that Spyder will someday dress as the Pink Ranger LMMFAO! Smile
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Mon 7 Aug - 18:52

I never did like the pink ranger...I'd dress as the yellow ranger. ^.^

Microwav

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Tue 8 Aug - 14:42

I vaguely remember catching the very first Robot Wars at my grandparents house one day... I was fascinated by the robots and hypnotized by the action. A few years later, back when we still had cable, I happened to stay up late one night... I flipped through channels, and miraculously found even more Robot Wars, this time it was the classic British version, including the studio-setting with the Gauntlet, Arena, the ending fights, and the irreplaceable House robots. I managed to record some episodes of it, and amazingly, I even caught a behind-the-scenes special on tape, but I think it got recorded over somewhere in time ;_; That was my friday-night action, right there. A little while later, Robot Wars dissappeared, and another one of my favorite shows of all time took it's place: the classic, 1970's Doctor Who. At first I was kinda bored with the show, since it was cheap and had little music, but then came the Daleks. 'nuff said. All this occured before the new millenium. I call those wonderful, unforgettable nights of original, unspoiled, pure British television the good 'ol century.
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Tue 8 Aug - 15:25

Mrm. I honestly have very little memory of the sort of stuff I watched as a kid. I know I had a passing love for Power Rangers and the old Ninja Turtles cartoon, in my elementary school days. Beyond that, I can't recall any that were constant. My sister and I got into the, "TV is boring" routine early on.

...We used to have the TV guide channel on nine tenths of the time. I think it was like the nicotine patch between being addicted to TV, just needing it there by habit, and only watching the select one or two shoes our family does now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TS_Chris

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Tue 8 Aug - 18:41

As for myself, I too had an early fascination with Power Ranger. I remember, when I was 5 and coming home from kindergarten, watching on the attenea-powered TV a very fuzzy and staticy original Power Rangers... in fact, I remember getting the second seasons' zords for my birthday. I distinctly remember playing with the red dragon/warrior one. I think we sold those at a rummage sale... sadly, I wish I had kept them. Now my only memento is my foot-tall Pyramid zord...

And there was the old 80's anime-esque shows I watched before Toonami came around. Thunder Cats, Voltron, Speed Racer, I don't know if I caught any Transformers or not... I don't think so, or I would like Gundam shows more today I think. ^^

And then there's the good times of Toonami... Tenchi Muyo, Ronin Warriors, Ruroni Kenshin, Sailor Moon, the early Dragon Ball Z.... Heh. I remember being so mad at my parents, because they had me doing chores around the house while I missed a Sailor Moon marathon. I always hated them for doing that to me. T_T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Wed 9 Aug - 19:13

Weird fucking thing, My Friend the other day, made some weird reference to BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, saying some kid looked like one of the characters. lmmfao!, Thats like one of those movies I never watched as a kid, 'twas funny to hear it, If you get the idea of the kids I hang out with...
Back to top Go down
TS_Chris

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Wed 9 Aug - 23:06

Shocked Dude, you need to have to watched the Disney classics, at least once. I don't remember what happened in Bambi, but I know I watched it, and that's just as good.

Y'know, I always wondered why Beast never was appealing to the furry crowd (once KH2 came out anyways)... he seems to me to be some kind of wildebeast fusion with a wolf maybe? *shrug*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Wed 9 Aug - 23:23

...Well...I always figured it was because he was ugly.

I don't know. I'm not a furry, so I might just lack the appreciation for huge, furred monstrosities. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Thu 10 Aug - 17:15

First Real Non-Cartoony or kids Flick I ever saw. Still one of my Favorites of all time TO THIS DAY. Many people knock it quite often though, Because it shows American Pride and stuff, Which I hate because I truly do like this movie. I do believe those same people are probably the ones that bitch that TLK sucks because It ripped off Kimba The White Lion, Some people :Rolls:

Anyways, Just a lot of stuff in the movie that I enjoy. I've been close to the interstate where they based off the Houston Nuclear Bomb scene at. They did a nice job, because it truly does look like it.

Hmmm, What else, Well sadly when the day of 9/11 occured and I heard what happened, I pretty much knew what it looked like already when the towers came down, This movie's scene in NYC, just is almost eerily similiar in the way the building collapsed Sad.

Last But not least, The kid who plays Will Smith's kid, Has a (Gee I bet you can already guess it..Smile). LION KING BACKPACK!!!, You can see Simba on the back of it, And guess who had the same one I Think in Kindergarten, Yours Truly Wink...I can remeber having it, Though I can't prove it, I still think I had it...It could be my imagination tricking me though, Though i doubt it. (I Have a TLK towel still but that is for another discussion.)
Back to top Go down
Costa

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2006-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Thu 10 Aug - 18:25

Simba wrote:
So no one else watched this or anything else during that childhood? Sad Wink Smile

Now that you mention it, thats what started my fur atraction in the first place, i watched that movie alot and it made me feel weird and good, i was just wishing to take that boy's place.

yup, thats definately what started Fur interests in me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Thu 10 Aug - 18:31

Costa wrote:
Simba wrote:

Now that you mention it, thats what started my fur atraction in the first place, i watched that movie alot and it made me feel weird and good, i was just wishing to take that boy's place.

yup, thats definately what started Fur interests in me

I remember that and that I used to pretend like I was kitten or a puppy (From 101 dalmations.), when I was like 5, By myself of course. I loved doing that for some reason. I guess me watching so many Cartoons with Animals had some weird effect on me.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   Thu 10 Aug - 20:16

My question is that How does one all of a sudden become a Furry, Is it Childhood Influences Or Genetics (Okay, the Idea of a person who indentified with Animals in My Family Tree Creeps me out.).

Certaintly it was obvious that I was always sorta one since I was like 5, Just didn't label myself as such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/   

Back to top Go down

Simba's Other Weird Childhood Memories Thread/
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next