Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Mon 14 Aug - 18:07

Everytime my Brother turns on TV he cranks loud up a Cartoon Network or Nicktoons repeat, Pisses me off, And its always the most annoying actors doing the parts. No wonder Why Anime is killing tradional American animation. And yet my brother would prefer a plain Hamuger to a Steak of a show such as an Anime like One Piece (Okay, I've not seen a lot of it, but it looks like wayyyy better than anything america has done in Years.), I don't know, I'm bloody sick of a show with a fucking blue blob as a main character. I Wonder why shows like Spongebob which is a show I HATE, and is just obnoxious a good part of the time, nothing smart can still be on the air. and While a show Like Road Rovers will only be on the air for 13 Episodes. The World is so Stupid sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simbastudio55.conceptforum.net
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Mon 14 Aug - 18:57

Simba wrote:
I Wonder why shows like Spongebob which is a show I HATE, and is just obnoxious a good part of the time, nothing smart can still be on the air. and While a show Like Road Rovers will only be on the air for 13 Episodes.

"Smart?"

From the wikipedia article on Road Rovers:

Quote :
Plot
One year prior to the formation of the Road Rovers, Professor Shepherd is attacked by a man named General Parvo, who demands the professor's experimental transdogmafier (a play on the term transmogrifier) technology in exchange for his pet dog. Shepherd gives in but is tricked by Parvo, who gives him a bomb that destroys his laboratory. The next year, as normal dogs begin to mutate into monsters, Shepard realizes it is Parvo who is behind it and decides to stop him.

Quote :
He also has an obsession with “biting tooshies.”

Quote :
General Parvo (Jim Cummings) – The Road Rover’s main antagonist who is out to destroy Professor Shepherd and conquer to world. He was once a cat, and often requests lozenges from the Groomer for hairballs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Mon 14 Aug - 19:00

LeftHandedPen wrote:
Simba wrote:
I Wonder why shows like Spongebob which is a show I HATE, and is just obnoxious a good part of the time, nothing smart can still be on the air. and While a show Like Road Rovers will only be on the air for 13 Episodes.

"Smart?"

From the wikipedia article on Road Rovers:

Quote :
Plot
One year prior to the formation of the Road Rovers, Professor Shepherd is attacked by a man named General Parvo, who demands the professor's experimental transdogmafier (a play on the term transmogrifier) technology in exchange for his pet dog. Shepherd gives in but is tricked by Parvo, who gives him a bomb that destroys his laboratory. The next year, as normal dogs begin to mutate into monsters, Shepard realizes it is Parvo who is behind it and decides to stop him.

Quote :
He also has an obsession with “biting tooshies.”

Quote :
General Parvo (Jim Cummings) – The Road Rover’s main antagonist who is out to destroy Professor Shepherd and conquer to world. He was once a cat, and often requests lozenges from the Groomer for hairballs.

Embarassed Smile, You know what I meant by that, Compared to a show like Spongebob, the show seems rather smart, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Mon 14 Aug - 19:36

I enjoyed all of the 90s Cartoon Network 'toons, like Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, and Johnny Bravo. Nick had a pretty good lineup in the 90s too with Rocko, Ren and Stimpy, and Real Monsters. Things have gone to hell lately with shit like Kids Next Door and Spongebob. Although I kind of like Foster's Home. It has a certain charm to it, although it's a bit annoying at times. What I would like to see with CN is a Toonami spinoff channel with less-edited anime and some of the classics like Tenchi and Dragon Ball, and also CN should lay off all of the new shows. They've released about 4 new shows in the past year or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Mon 14 Aug - 19:45

Let smart be stricken from the record lol. I couldn't think of a better word, I don't know, 90's nick/cn/wb cartoons just had an edge to them that New Shows don't.

They need an old school cartoon channel, that shows all of the other old shows they used to show. Boomerang basically just shows 90% 60's and 70's cartoons, So That doesn't count IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Tue 15 Aug - 7:48

I think you'll like this.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simba
The Lion KING

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Tue 15 Aug - 14:21

Mugiwara wrote:
I think you'll like this.

Very Happy!

Great Find mugiwara, describes that show very well...
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Tue 29 Aug - 21:15

I don't have cable, so I've been spared from much of the latest atrocities, it seems. Though yes, things need to change, instead of just letting anyone with a half-baked idea (and/or enough cash) get their own timeslot. Neutral

I must be one of the few who actually though Kids Next Door was decent...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joey Jojo

Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Wed 30 Aug - 10:32

same here with KND. and the greatest show ever is shown on boomerang. to be determined amount of money to who can guess it. i will give a hint: main character and his sidekick are both animals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TS_Chris

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Wed 30 Aug - 23:23

I like KND. They end up parodying many things, such as LotR and Star Wars. I'm sure several of their other episodes are parodies, but I haven't seen the movie or I just odn't get it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Thu 31 Aug - 9:08

Joey Jojo wrote:
same here with KND. and the greatest show ever is shown on boomerang. to be determined amount of money to who can guess it. i will give a hint: main character and his sidekick are both animals

Secret-fucking-Squirrel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joey Jojo

Number of posts : 146

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   Thu 31 Aug - 10:35

no. its danger mouse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.   

Back to top Go down

Being Obnoxious is Key In Cartoons nowadays.
Page 1 of 1